View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 21:20   #8414
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Chris, it is not me who is missing the point. Continually on this forum, people try to make a point or observation, and if some disagree, they face a barrage of arguments that are not even relevant to the point that was being made.

Take this as an example. All I was saying was that there is a demand out there for everything to be on one box, so that one could subscribe to a platform (eg Virgin Media or Sky) search for a programme that was available on any app on the system, and to bookmark that programme to watch later, so it is listed with your recordings.

It currently works on the V6 but it won’t work on the 360, and some of you seem to think that Netflix is standing in the way.

I don’t know if you thought I was saying anything other than that - perhaps you thought I was talking about total integration (which I wasn’t). I was clearly talking about searching and bookmarking these apps in the same way as you can on the V6. That is all (although obviously further sophistication would be nice).

The reason I have just linked to the ‘Must TV’ article was to show that this continued to be possible.

I hope that clarifies the position.
What you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Agreed, but the needs of the consumer have to be taken into account. It has been recognised that having all your content in one list is what most people want. They don’t want to go to multiple menus to find what they are looking for.
"There is a demand out there for everything on one box" is quite different from "It has been recognised that having all your content in one list is what most people want."

How do you know "most people want" this, and recognised by whom?

I hope this clarifies the position...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 19-01-2021 at 21:26.