View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 13:43   #8410
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not at all, Chris, I sent this because the article has just been published (therefore I could not send it before), and it demonstrated that it was possible to set up a system that links to programmes you select. That is the point I was trying to make.

A discussion, rather than an argument, would be nice.
Except that you haven’t engaged in the discussion yourself.

The reason brands dislike third party distributors is it gets in the way of the brand’s direct interaction with the consumer. Often it’s impossible for a brand to do much about it (channels on linear TV for example - they are slaves to whoever runs the EPG). In the case of streamers with strong brands, there is not yet any dominant distribution platform that they simply must be on. Most consumers are accustomed to interacting with each streamer directly, via its app. The streamers like this because it allows them to foster a direct relationship with the consumer, and decide for themselves what to recommend to them.

This is the point I made on 26 December, and which you ignored until today when you hit quote/reply and then pasted in something completely irrelevant to anything I had said.

So, if you want an actual discussion, how about responding to the points I have raised instead of blindly hoping something you found on the internet will do it for you?