View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 20:40   #1
SONY007
cf.member

SONY007 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I may need a VPN router

Hi all, I just need a bit of advice on what to do and maybe what to get. I would like to consider getting a new router to either replace my current Virgin Hub 3 or work in conjunction with it so I'm receiving the same type of speed that allows me to have my NAS running Plex as well as a smart tv and satellite receiver box. But the main thing that I think the router would need to have is to be able to have a VPN running so Virgin sHub 3 doesn't keep temporarily blocking access to IPTV.

I have never really ventured into VPN Router/Modems as they seemed like a lot of technical nohow was necessary. But reading reviews and doing a few searches now that i've been encountering blank screens I see some devices claim to be easy to setup.

I done a few google searches to see what could be a good device to go for and the ASUS RT-AC88U appears to be have good feedback.

Does anyone know if setting up a VPN on this device is fairly routine or will I need some IT prowess?

I understand that I would still need to have use of my Virgin Hub 3 as the modem so are there decent VPN router/modem that will perform exceptionally that could replace the sHub completely or is that not really necessary? I was just thinking about clutter that's all.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
SONY007 is offline   Reply With Quote