Thread: TiVo 2nd hand tivo boxes
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 22:40   #23
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: 2nd hand tivo boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I was more arguing Peter's suggestion that the OP has "received stolen goods", because he hasn't, rather than your suggestion that a 2nd hand TiVo "could" be stolen, which is actually correct, although only in a certain set of circumstances. Actually stealing a TiVo, ie. from a van, would be one, or signing a contract with Virgin with the sole intention at the outset of appropriating a TiVo just to sell it on for profit would be another. I actually can't think of any others.
It is Virgin Media property and therefore is not available for sale to the general public, so if you purchase a device or are given one then you are receiving stolen property, how clear do you need it to be.

If someone steals a car and you buy it then you are receiving stolen property, you may not be prosecuted but the car would be seized and you would be out of pocket, the same can be said about the Virgin Media device.

But to be perfectly honest all that would happen is that when you rang up the agent would just say sorry that device does not belong on your account, if you want one I can put you through to sales, leaving the OP with a TIVO sized hole in his wallet if he paid any money for the device and rightly so in my opinion.

As the old saying goes A fool and his money are soon parted
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote