View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 14:06   #229
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I got pulled in to have a chat with the police over a facebook comment about travellers, it had been reported a couple of times in the local paper about travellers coming back to the same site in a short period of time.

Despite comments like "do what the french do" and "put landmines down" it seems my comment with chase them off with a flame thrower didn't go down so well with a "traveller charity" who reported my comment to the police.

Who actually acted on it and pulled me in for an interview about it. gave me a telling off and said I could go and mind what I say infuture as they register me on the local database.

Seems the other comments he had a copy of didn't matter "2 wrongs don't make a right" he said.

I just said right seen as you've wasted my time I'll report every comment I find offensive and expect you to act on it.
I was (informally) talking to a police officer yesterday and he said that the police are increasingly using the 1997 Harrassment Act where people repeatedly upset people on the internet. To use this at least two incidents need to have occurred though.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote