View Single Post
Old 14-08-2017, 13:40   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: It's nearly here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
If you're as remote as I think you are the only options to serve you, other than satellite, are fibre to the premises or a fixed wireless / 4G service.

You're likely losing out due to value for money. Delivering to you costs a bomb, while they can get through a number of other premises for that same funding.
Indeed. Fortunately there's a ton of cash sloshing around the system in Scotland so I know I'll get something eventually. I'd prefer to avoid 4g if I can though, I used a 4g modem/router on holiday and it cost a fortune, plus the latency was sky high. Not unlike satellite, which is even worse ...

I'm hoping to eventually get fibre to the premises, or close to at least. We are reasonably remote but we are also in a tourist hotspot and there are hotels and other businesses crying out for fast connectivity. Many of them are even further from the exchange than us.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote