View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 22:52   #1552
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Over on the BT Beta suport forum, BT Spokesman Mark W has stated;

"I understand you might not be particularly trusting of myself and BT at the moment but this isn't a contradiction. What was being talked about in the quote there is that data would be mirrored but not profiled, what we're talking about now is that if opted out data would not even be mirrored. What we're aiming to have in the update next week is a set of diagrams and a walk through explaining how the system will work when it's live, I hope that this will make things a lot clearer for people."

So BT seem to be constantly modifying their position on how their opt-out will work, presumably as a result of pressure from their customers. Their current position appears to be that if a customer opts-out of the Phorm system, then that customer's web traffic will not be mirrored or profiled. This arrangement is the only one which could persuade me to stay with Virgin Media if they introduce Phorm's system to their network.

So what have you got to say, VM?