View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 22:28   #114
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
OK, too late now but I wish to retract my previous comment. It would appear that the company behind Pform appear to deploy spyware tactics to push these adverts through, and are linked with very deep root kit intrusion systems.

I've been following the many threads on the VM newsgroups, and what I am seeing on there is concerning to say the least.

If the rumours are anywhere near true, cookies will not be a problem, it could be considerably worse.

Advice, if you are prompted to download an Active X control, or some other download mechanism from the VM portal in the near future carefully read the terms and conditions of that download.
Care to elaborate, Toto? I'd be interested to read any info you've seen on their rootkit activities (and more importantly, so might the data protection commissioner). Presumably these would be ineffective against our Mac and Linux cousins?