Thread: Football England women win Euro 2022
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 16:12   #29
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: England women win Euro 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Funny how the comparisons are only positive ones and we're told we can't compare the negative ones as they're different games, I used to enjoy womens football but I feel it's all a bit forced now, it didn't evolve as it should've and that will only continue since the premier league got involved, forced involvement to in some clubs cases to. In terms of quality I wouldn't want to say it's Sunday league but I doubt this team would survive at any level in the mens part time leagues, Birgit Prinz is still the only woman I've ever seen that could remotely cut it at some level in the football league.
The quality has got a lot better in the last few years as the game has become more professionalised. It's evolved much faster in the last 5 years than any other time I can remember. Even watching this vs the last international tournament you can see the goalkeeping - whilst still poor - has got much better. Remember it's been in the last 10 or so years that the top women in England could build a career out of this so only around now are we seeing the first generation of female players who came through academies with the prospect of this being a career rather than a hobby.

Crowds are going up. Exposure is going up. TV Viewing figures are going up. It's a growing sport. Arsenal have started having more games at the Emirates.

As the comparisons with the men's game, it is worse. I think the top WSL/National teams would be matched up against their equivalents in the men's youth teams as that's about the level the managers of these teams want to start training against. Arsenal women training against the U16 Arsenal men's team for example.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote