Thread: US Timeline Stargate Origins
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2018, 18:37   #43
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Stargate Origins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Is this worth watching if i loved SG-1, as the IMDB scores are only 4/10?
no. I can't tell you how much I love the Stargate franchise and the only reason this gets a pass is because of the fandom and nostalgia. I was looking forward to this for ages and unfortunately it is very disappointing and belongs in the category of those terrible B movies you see on the syfy channels which are rip offs of stuff like Independence Day. To cut a long story short, the acting is terrible, the special effects look like they are from SG1 20 years ago, there are tonnes of really bad plot holes in the story and really annoying story lines which don't need to be there such as the what seems to be mandatory and completely unrealistic gay relationship.
Some of the stuff you can let go but other things you can't such as the fact that nobody can pronounce naquadah even though it has been said a ****ing thousand times over however many hundreds of SG episodes of 3 different series. Stuff like that really really bugs me because they knew that the only people who would watch this are seasoned SG fans and they need to get it right.

I know they were testing the water to see if there is sufficient interest for a new series (which it looks like is going to happen) so I just hope that they get the original creative team back of Brad Wright, Jonathan Glasner, Joseph Mallozzi etc because they cant afford these mistakes.

The saving grace for this is the fact that they are only 10 minutes eps and cumulatively the length of a film. If they were normal 45 minutes episodes I would have stopped watching it very early on.

Last edited by General Maximus; 14-05-2018 at 18:59.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote