Thread: The PS4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 17:09   #293
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The PS4 Thread

Got my PS4 + The Last of Us Remastered bundle yesterday (after Amazon Logistics *finally* delivered it after 6pm!)

Got it all set up, once Mrs D had finished watching the Commonwealth Games.

Very nice!

The UI is clean and straightforward, and I've noticed two things already that I wish my Xbox One did:

- Apps and games have update changelogs.

- Shutting down gives you the choice of a full shutdown or connected standby.

Conveniently, I can use my official Xbox One Stereo Headphones in my new DualShock 4 - no need for a separate stereo headset

In addition to The Last of Us, I also have Infamous Second Son.

I bought Infamous from GAMETronics when I traded in my old PS3 Slim.

They had it on the shelf for £35, "sale price".

When the guy ran it through the till, however, it came up at full price as it was apparently not in the sale anymore.

"No thanks!", I said.

So he sold me a pre-owned copy for £27.99.

I wouldn't normally buy pre-owned, but the copy he sold me was new and still sealed - it was an unopened and unwanted bundle copy that someone had traded in.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Oh, also:

Not too impressed with the battery life of the DualShock 4.

Full charge last night (using the pathetically short cable), then some faffing around followed by a couple of hours of The Last of Us.

Bit more use this afternoon, as Mrs D was using it to control iPlayer and BBC Sport to catch up on the Commonwealth Games.

... and it's flat already

It's nearly as bad as the battery life of the Wii U's GamePad!

Still, at least it has non-crap triggers, unlike the DualShock 3.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote