View Single Post
Old 16-03-2019, 14:48   #5010
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If they were to turn out to be significant issues, I am sure that Netflix could diversify their operations. I really think that those predicting the demise of Netflix are way off beam. They remain the best streaming service in the world to date.
Where does the money come from to diversify if they are $30bn in debt?

In any other sector this would be a business in distress. The shareholders are essentially hoping someone buys them because of their existing technology and customer base.

Larger companies with existing profitable businesses (and crucially assets to support their debt) like Liberty, Comcast or dare I even suggest Amazon could pull the rug from under a Netflix very easily if it was worthwhile. I suspect it isn’t, but it’s a precarious position.