View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 09:25   #6
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Lifetime timeshift disappearing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This is hardly newsworthy. Does this even deserve a thread? Has the abolition of this +1 channel actually ruined lives?
If we go down that route nothing is newsworthy regarding TV, it's not a hospital closure, or a car accident. This is a Cable Forum, things that happen on Cable get reported and discussed here.

I have no interest in the channel content whatsoever. The reason I started the thread was that I thought it odd that, at the time of writing the first post, what was happening to the channel on Sky appeared to be different than on VM. One had its HD variant axed, the other a +1. I was thinking about it in the context of platform strategy for an individual channel and all channels in general. They are businesses, and I was wondering about their decision reasoning.

And given there is a Coming Soon thread but not a Closing Soon one, and since it hadn't been mentioned here on Cable Forums (to my knowledge, I wouldn't post if I knew it had been said before) I thought I'd be helpful and mention it. It's easier to notice it with an individual thread. It got 400 views before there was even a 2nd post, so there was interest, even if it was just vague curiousity.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote