View Single Post
Old 20-02-2019, 20:45   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Will 5G kill off fixed line broadband & the differentiation of mobile intetnet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
What about people that have little or no mobile coverage? - or people in remote areas?
People in remote areas tend not to get fast wired broadband either. I get around 4Mbit down and 0.4Mbit up, on an exceptionally good copper EO line that’s more than 4.5 miles long. Others in my area aren’t so lucky.

At the same time I can access a fairly mediocre 4g signal via EE that usually gives me about double that speed and I’d use it in a flash were it not for the fact that it’s pigging expensive. We’re a family of five, with a combined monthly download in excess of 50GB per month. That’s fine with unlimited BT broadband but I shudder to think what it would be on a mobile contract.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote