View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 00:52   #1493
CaptJamieHunter
Inactive

CaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post
What tests can we do to find out? I read somewhere that a tracert doesn't really help much, as routing can appear pretty bizarre at the best of times, even without the sneaky redirects that Phorm performs. What should we be looking for?
Firing up a vanilla version of Opera rather than my tied down Firefox and did a quick bit of surfing, there are no cookies from oix, webwise or phorm. Naturally I kept to sites which are not signed up to the oix agreement.

The Virgin Media Group Data Protection Officer, Ian Woodham, wrote a hand signed letter to me (posted previously) saying:

"...nothing has yet been implemented and we are still carrying out our analysis of how we will deploy Phorm's product offering"

If Virgin Media have implemented Phorm then they have gone against their commitment to advise their customers as per Regulation 6 of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.

In my reply to Mr Woodham I specifically requested "Please confirm that there is no equipment provided by or in any way connected to Phorm on the Virgin Media network." He is also aware that any future responses may well be quoted elsewhere.