View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 00:41   #1491
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: I Got A Reply To My Dpa Letter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
- by email, that is. Go figure. I send a letter by registered post and they reply with an email (subject: 'Your Recent Enquiry' - what the hell? What "enquiry"?!). Says it all, really, doesn't it?

And the best they can do, it seems, is to include in it a link to the page about Webwise on their own site! Oh, come ON!!!

Did whoever read that letter actually read it? I serve them a DPA notice that I don't want anything whatsoever to do with this - and never mind all this opt-in/opt-out cobblers - and all they can think of is to direct me to a page which doesn't really answer anyone's questions? Unbelievable. Do they want our custom or don't they? If not they should damn well say so and we'll all go and make BE or whoever very happy.

Virgin, for the last time: We. Do. Not. Need. Webwise. Browsers have such filters built-in now; this is not 1988. Where have you been?!

I've made up my mind. It's going to be a total pain, but if I can't trust my ISP, if they can't even give me a proper reply to a legitimate concern, then I don't want to know - if they implement this I'm off, end of. It's too risky, to say nothing of being extremely offensive re their attitude towards their subscribers.

(However, if the mods don't mind I'd like to stay on this board, if only to keep up on events.)
that sucks typical businesses atitude you take the time effort and COST to give them registered DPA notice they gice you rubbish email. I bet your letter hit there waste paper bin they just read your contact details gave you the standard bad business finger salute standard reply. Get this according to webwise opt out we are not active so NOW have no opt out option. You cannot Get the webwise opt out cookie this what the home page says.

Quote:
Webwise is: NOT AVAILABLE

Webwise is not available in your area, so it is not possible to switch on or off.
Just to add more twist to this sorry saga especially IF VM gone all COVERT with nasty underhand switch on.

Thank god that dephormation forcing the opt out cookie. Pete is