View Single Post
Old 21-08-2019, 14:33   #1644
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I've seen some documents suggesting universal might be moving to a movie channel.
All speculation ofcourse at this point.
Certainly possible, but would Sky want a film channel of that type?

There has been a "film" channel spun out of Universal Channel previously, Movies24 and Movies24+ started when Universal was still Hallmark-branded and broadcasts the romantic "TV movies" Hallmark used to show before the rebrand.

Given Sony's True Movies shows this type of thing but might not continue to after it is rebranded as Sony Movies Classic (their press release suggests it will be showing films that have been shown in cinemas) then Movies24/+ will have the market pretty much to itself.

Sony's upcoming Movies4Men and True Movies rebranding (due September 10th I think) suggest they both will be showing cinema releases, so any Universal movie channel would have quite a lot of competition (i.e. Sony Movies Classic and Sony Movies Action combined with original Sony Movie Channel and Film4), though obviously would be showing different films as they have access to different film libraries.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote