View Single Post
Old 27-03-2013, 12:37   #6345
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
no but its better than JSA. Least on the work group I can see what courses they offer there might be something I could do that could get me a decent job. The problem as I see it is its contribution based so only lasts a year then I dunno what they do so I may have to appeal anyway
You'll then should be put in the income based group after than first year, so shouldn't affect you too much as you don't have any dependents. I think that's how it works.

This is the crux, if you have an illness or disability that will not get any better and you have a partner who is in employment (on min wage or above), if you are placed in the WRG then after the one year all payments will cease as it becomes means tested (from contribution based to income related). How are you supposed to live being supported on 1 min wage income for a couple. Beats me, this is why the support group is the only option for a lot of people as as long as you qualify it stays constant.