View Single Post
Old 19-06-2005, 15:23   #37
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: What are you reading?

Thought I'd ressurrect this one..

I'm presently reading a book I found in the depths of my daughter's room.

The World's Greatest Rock'n'Roll Scandals by David Cavanagh.

A fascinating read(even if slightly out of date) and as you can guess not a lot of laughs.Until that is I reached the section on Keith Moon.Quite a few laugh out loud moments here.

Like this one at a gig in San Francisco.

Quote:
Pete Townshend becomes increasingly distressed at the erratic timekeeping of his drumming friend.He's slowing down by the bar, as the night's potion of drink and drugs bubbles in his system.'Play faster!!' roars Townsend,'play faster'.Moon is quite obviously in a spot of bother,so a doctor is summoned with the necessary pick-me-ups in his syringes.During a quiet section in the song Moon is given a twin boost in his ankles.He proceeds to play like a madman, flailing away at his cymbals and lashing into his drums.All the time Townshend is screaming 'Play slower,play slower!!'