View Single Post
Old 21-12-2018, 23:48   #2
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: The future of TV, broadcasting and media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This thread is for posts about what is being reported on the future of TV, broadcasting and the media by experts and commentators in the know.

I found this item, which I thought I would share with you. The particular points that interested me about developments for 2019 and beyond were:

1. Many more streaming services will be launched in 2019.

2. A question mark remains over whether Disney will partner with pay tv providers and bundle Disney+ into their offers.

3. 5G will impact the media industry and will pose both an opportunity and a threat for IPTV, cable and satellite providsrs, in ways not yet foreseen, particularly post 2019. However, one thing we do know is that video quality will improve with 5G.

4. There is an acknowledgement that there is only room for a limited number of SVOD services.

5. There will be a mix of ad-supported and subscription streaming models.

6. AI will see continued advancement and deployments, with near real time sub-titling benefiting from this. It will also become a key tool in identifying content.

7. Cloud technology will be used in ever more creative ways to engage viewers for longer.

8. Super-aggregation of OTT apps and SVOD services will result from increasing fragmentation of content. A number of pay tv providers (and this includes Liberty Global, by the way) see themselves as super-aggregators (which I believe means that we should be getting Prime very soon).

It's an interesting read and some will find other interesting points to bring out of this.

http://www.csimagazine.com/csi/2019-...redictions.php
Really, what a load of b******* - give us some facts to back your statements (😉Some of which seem to contradict themselves) please.

Yet another the world apart fro streaming is doomed post!