View Single Post
Old 14-12-2017, 09:49   #1
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Strange speeds this morning.

As far as I was aware you can't get faster speeds than the hub is provisioned for so i'm finding this weird to say the least. I'm on 100mb and the hub shows the correct 115000000 rate for the download but this morning my download speed has started going crazy. At first i thought it was just the DU Meter app on windows having a meltdown so i started checking manually.

Speetests (Ookla, Thinkbroadband and the BT one) are coming back anywhere between 170mb and 260mb ish on the PC, torrents are showing as ~30MB/s in the client and look to actually be downloading at that rather than just showing it, even my PS4 is showing ~200mb on it's own connection test.

The only thing i've changed recently on the hub was to open a port. Any ideas why the weird behaviour all of a sudden?

The only time i've ever noticed wrong readings on DU Meter or speedtests in the past is when using a VPN (don't have one running now) but that never affected actual downloads of torrents and definitely not the PS4 seeing as it can't run one.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote