Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2017, 10:10   #1
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
UHD on Virgin Media

Since setting up my 2 V6s and supplementing them with my HDD recorder so that all my recordings are now in HD (where available), I have been pondering about what to do with future programmes broadcast in UHD, given that recording such programmes will be so hungry for space that it would be impractical to do so. I will not go back to watching live broadcast TV because I want to watch my selected content at times that are convenient to me, and without having to sit through advertisements.

I was beginning to think that the recording issue would be avoided by all UHD material on Virgin Media being made available on demand only, but I notice that Vodaphone in Spain have launched a UHD service which will allow you to watch programmes aired on UHD broadcast channels through the cloud.

This seems to me the most likely method that will be adopted by Virgin Media, although given their current philosophy, they could well decide to go down the on demand route only.

Does anyone have any information regarding the route that Virgin will take, and what would you prefer VM to do to being UHD to our screens other than by way of Netflix, You Tube and (hopefully) Amazon?

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/...odafone-spain/
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote