View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 10:21   #252
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: ITV threaten to blackout on Virgin

The BBC probably have to pay for the rights to broadcast sports programs - especially live events - as do others like Sky & BT etc.
They also have to pay writers, producers, actors, cameramen, sound engineers etc etc to make the programs they air, and that's not even touching upon the research, travel, accommodation needed for those rather excellent nature programs they provide.
You may watch the news for 30 minutes, but there's a lot more than 30 minutes of work goes into it.

The BBC don't 'do' adverts so rely on their income from the license fee or by selling their programs to other companies.

ITV have the same costs, but generated by advertising and selling their programs to other broadcasters.

If I made something (or had the rights to something) and another company wanted to use it, I'd be a fool to let them have it for nothing. I would either sell or hire that product to others . . . and if they didn't like that arrangement, well feel free to make your own
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote