Old 09-12-2020, 05:32   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Which is better Sky Q or Sky+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
In terms of Sky+ here are my thoughts:

- Reliable for the most part and straight forward to use - it generally just works
- PQ is excellent - does a much better job than my parent's V6 (much cleaner image)
- It has got slower as they've tried to make the interface more image based
- Some of the menu nav in the On Demand sections are poor
- I find Series Links iffy if you're expecting it to record a new series - it more often than not fails - it certainly has nowhere near the flexibility of the V6 (and I'm guessing Sky Q)

But you are going to be moving to a platform whose days are numbered, so it seems silly not to move to the latest given Sky Q is at least a more mature platform.
Thanks for your feedback. I've heard that series links can be a bit iffy on Sky Q, but as the days of the TiVo software are also numbered, there's nothing to keep me when this is replaced by the (IMO) inferior software. This and the abysmal customer service to the point it's now impossible to do business with them means I have to leave VM when I can legally break the contract or when it expires.

I've decided to go for Sky Q at least for the minimum 18 month term. This will get me the wiring in place for the new Freesat 4K box for £10 at most (should be about £160-£200).

If I like it and they offer me a deal I can't refuse, i'll stay. If not, i'll go to Freesat and use Now TV for the odd occasion I want pay TV
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote