View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:31   #148
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating_waiting View Post
Hi frogstamper!

The cable that was cut is in the middle of the road and was cut by contracters laying cables for some new flats. As I liveon a very busy main road the 'repull' as VM keep calling it has to be done in the middle of the night. They know this but still send me install tech guys, that I have to wait in for!
I have just emailed the complaints department again cause despite saying they will get back to me within 48 hours I am STILL WAITING!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
They shouldnt have bothered sending out install techs, but if the cable that has been cut is in the middle of a busy road that does explain why it has taken so long.

Firstly construction needs to be booked, as VM dont install new cables anymore they are a fairly small dept.

Also permision needs to be granted by the council to dig up a road, especially if its a busy main road. Emergency work such as water, gas etc gets the priority whereas cable TV is seen as a luxury so takes a back burner and councils tend to drag their feet in granting permission.
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote