View Single Post
Old 16-08-2022, 01:07   #1532
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It’s not a paradox. My wife is not really very good at coping with the streamers at her age, and as you well know, the older you are the less you can cope with new stuff.

I don’t know what rocks your boat, but the pay TV listings are much worse than they ever were before and I find myself recording less and less. Go into the streamers and you get a fantastic choice to watch any time.

It is true that there are fewer shows available on the pay TV channels as well as most of the terrestrials these days, but I still believe that the streamers offer much better value than the pay-tv channels. Netflix on its own has more choice, and you can jump between the streamers too because you are not hooked into a contract.

You could have all you need through a Freeview box and just one streamer, which you could change from time to time.

As you know, I am not talking about sport, which is a different matter altogether.
I'm finding less and less quality on the streaming sites these days as its being stretched thinner and thinner. The era of piracy part 2 is beginning with a perfect storm of a recession and too many streaming companies getting greedier and greedier and wanting a slice of the pie.

The music industry found this out back in the 2000s when theyd charge ten quid an album and people just ripped and illegally downloaded them. Now you can listen to every song out there for the same ten pound.

To subscribe to all the streaming sites now is likely to reach 80+ quid by the end of the year. Add that onto the requirement for broadband and a tv package and you're going higher and higher. The recession will hit HARD soon.

The greed like the music industry showed could bite the arses of the ignorant millionaire tv executives and i hope it does ....as we all sail the seven seas once more! Under a black flag we sail and the internet shall be our empire!

Ahoy matey! Under a black flag we shall sail! Shiver me timbers! Avast, ye scurvy dog streamers!

(i do not endorse piracy)
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote