View Single Post
Old 17-09-2012, 14:14   #15
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Using phone abroad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The internet abroad could cost you £100-1000s if you're not on the right tariff.
No it can't, by law it's limited to £40 in a month unless you specifically agree otherwise.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
You should not be charged more than 50 euros as long as you ring in to get an addon on your phone otherwise its your fault.
Some providers require you to (and will automatically) opt out of the EU cap if you go on one of the "saver" packages, e.g. £1.99 per day or whatever.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Prices for Roaming in the EU are quite a bit lower now (Thanks to the EU introducing a cap). On O2 you get a daily allowance of 25MB for £1.99. I thought it was well worth it when I was in Paris for a couple of days the other week.

Roaming charges for the rest of the world are still extortionate though.
O2 really just copied Vodafone who did 25MB for £2.00 last year. Voda now does use-your-UK-allowance for £3.00 a day or if you're a heavy user 3 does unlimited data for £5 a day. Most of the MVNOs compare pretty poorly to the big providers.

Wish O2 would do the same as Voda, since I have unlimited UK allowance
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote