View Single Post
Old 15-07-2019, 17:15   #95
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: UK ambassador to the USA resigns over leaked cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Do you know what he does or doesn't know? Of course not, therefore you cannot criticise me. At least my comments are based upon a reasonable conclusion. There would be absolutely no need for him to know anything on the matter. Any discussions would be at a much higher level than an ambassador.

Again, is there ANY reference in his comments to knowing or not knowing something specific in relation to the matter on which he based his opinion.

In the past, examiners said that Israel didn't have nuclear programme, when it was right under their feet, underground on a site they visited.
You do realise that an ambassador is a country's highest resident representative, don't you?

They are privy to all relevant information that pertains to the relationship between the two countries (and any other countries that may impact/affect that relationship), including Top Secret, UK Eyes Only, and Secret Codeword information, as well as having access to information from our "dark side" sources (GCHQ, the MIs, etc.).

He would have been briefed on the Iran situation, as it could affect US/UK relations.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote