View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 15:45   #16
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

It's a tough tightrope public health bodies have to walk on with things like this...

Being 'cautiously aware' and monitoring the situation is probably where we should be now but politically, it can look like nothing much is being done. Overdoing it however can have the opposite effect creating panic. If we do not do enough to prevent the spread of a nasty bug or incite panic, both can have the same effect, people will not be at work due to either the real or perceived threat.

If coronavirus does have a 2% mortality rate, that's up there with spanish flu and something to be worried about if transmissibility is around the same as flu. That still isn't clear at the moment.

Time to review the Governments Pandemic Flu Strategy - https://assets.publishing.service.go.../dh_131040.pdf and so a search and replace for influenza and coronavirus. Also time to review business continuity plans I think (I am lucky, I am a home worker)