View Single Post
Old 18-05-2020, 10:11   #30
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Return of the cyclist scourge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
The problem I see with some kind of licensing system is how it would affect kids. Would there be a minimum age to cycle?
If they are going to cycle "on the road" and "unaccompanied" I would say 12 minimum.

I think it is madness that at the moment any child of any age is allowed to ride on the road without any training or any supervision.

It they are supervised and accompanied by an adult then that's OK.

Quote:
How would that be administered? Would kids therefore only be allowed to cycle with an adult (to deal with any licence enquiries etc)? Plus many other questions.

I’d be in favour of having some kind of licence but I think it would just be too difficult and awkward to manage.
I agree there would difficulties but I think something needs to be done.