View Single Post
Old 15-05-2018, 23:26   #246
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
....exactly.I'm not sure if the article is accurately interpreting what may happen.

TalkTalk have already done trials with Sky over sharing costs of FTTP infrastructure and I see this as the same sort of thing. I doubt VM will allow access to its existing network, but we'll see. This seems to be about sharing the cost of going into new areas.

As VM has found out with its Project Lightening expansion, it takes a lot of time and dosh. So, to farm out half the cost and work to someone else makes a lot of sense to me, especially as TalkTalk isn't a serious competitor anymore.
I think you're right on this. TalkTalk's own infrastructure has been in conjunction with City Fibre and Sky up to now. It's now focusing away from mobile and TV to broadband and supporting infrastructure so this would make sense for the company.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote