View Single Post
Old 15-07-2016, 08:01   #42
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: VW accused of 'rigging' emissions tests

Quote:
Volkswagen's failure to compensate UK owners of cars affected by the emissions scandal as they are US owners is "deeply unfair", MPs have said.
UK owners can get affected diesel vehicles repaired, but in the US they can also claim up to $10,000 (£7,400).
The Transport Select Committee also said the government had been too slow to investigate whether VW should be prosecuted in the UK for the scandal.
The government insisted it was pushing the firm "to ensure they take action".
Louise Ellman, the Labour MP who chairs the committee, said VW had "acted cynically" to cheat emissions tests.
"Volkswagen's evidence to us was just not credible but the government has lacked the will to hold VW accountable for its actions," she said.
"There is a real danger that VW will be able to get away with cheating emissions tests in Europe if regulators do not act."
The German giant will offer to repair or buy back the affected diesel vehicles in the US and pay owners between $5,000 and $10,000 in compensation.
But in the UK owners affected have only been offered the option of a repair.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36796829

If I'd been a VW customer I don't think I'd ever be one again.

Last edited by Osem; 15-07-2016 at 08:15.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote