Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 19:14   #3431
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Your prejudices against France and Germany blind you from the obvious need for such a law. This seems reasonable to me:

The only reason to remove it is to allow businesses to exploit their workforce to increase profits. Profits that are unlikely to shared with said workforce.
Why don't you read what I've actually said in this conversation (not just the post you quoted). I totally support workers' rights for the reasons you've given, especially as they have an opt out. But the onus now being put on UK employers by the CJEU is a step too far.

As regards France/Germany, I haven't mentioned Germany. France is another matter; their restrictive working practices that Macron has tried unsuccessfully to remove are the reason for the WTD having been forced through the majority voting route. I object to such shenanigans which is very much what the EU condones.

My advice is at your risk.