Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 17:44   #3428
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
How does signing a form to say you opt out of the working time directive impact on competitiveness. Or is it that you would rather have people work 6 X 12 hours for £1 an hour?
You are being silly. The WTD is a device created to support French working practices. The opt out is a useful device, fortunately, to allow workers greater flexibility on how they work. I do this.

The CJEU judgement imposes an administrative burden on employers to keep records for some effin bureaucrat to scrutinise and may end up with employees being forced to keep timesheets or face penalties if the falsify the record.

Glib responses have little worth.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
In Brexitland where everything is upside down, perhaps so. In reality it gives workers rights.

In theory it restricts me from working 168 hours a week, much like gravity restricts me from floating off to a terrible death in the vacuum of space.
what a load of rubbish. You normally come up with sensible stuff.

Gravity is a universal force. The WTD is a contrivance to suit poor working practices elsewhere, particularly France.

My advice is at your risk.