View Single Post
Old 14-08-2019, 19:16   #2227
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Perhaps if you actually followed the part of the discussion.
The initial point from Richard was:- "They introduced the Bedroom Tax, but didn't specify exactly what a bedroom was, leading to many people having an exemption granted.".
I pointed out that the NEW exemptions(eg room for overnight carer), didn't exist under Labour and hadn't previously applied to the private rented sector. In that sense they are more generous than before. Also very generous with taxpayers money, is where people can be paid £3,000 to downsize.
Ah right sorry my bad. I read it wrong, as in 'The changes brought along with the "bedroom tax", were not only beneficial to claimants'...It can be read slightly ambiguously. (along with...)...