Thread: Christmas 2020
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2020, 21:39   #5
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Christmas 2020

my missus and i were talking about it, and it may work out better for us!

normally, our household has a christmas dinner Christmas eve.

Christmas day, late morning we go to my parents, the kids get presents, we have Christmas dinner, then the missus spends teh afternoon looking at her watch asking if we can go yet.

Boxing day, late morning we go to her mum's kids get presents, i spend the afternoon playing on my phone asking if we can go yet

this year we can just have christmas day at home, just me, the missus and the kids, me and missus staring at our phones, them tablets or laptops

we'll be happier, less stressful, no pretending to be happy to spend most of day with in laws.

my parents, and her parents will be happy, cos they won't be moaning how the gas pressure is low, so the roast potatoes, meat etc won't cook, and how they can't fit food for everyone in oven, dining room isn't big enough etc

we all live in same town, but I reckon there will be a lot of ppl v happy to not have to drive to other end of country to see the other half's relatives

I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl will be breaking the rules, a friends father died recently, so I'm pretty sure her mum will be visiting them over Christmas, actually, since they're a single person now, that's ok i guess?
admars is offline   Reply With Quote