View Single Post
Old 19-09-2006, 00:12   #387
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Snippets

Something that I've been thinking about re Stargate SG-1 season 10:

Spoiler: 
The Ori:

OK, so they have a Supergate, or perhaps Supergates, to send their battlecruisers through from their galaxy to the Milky Way. Fair enough.

But... why the hell don't they just send a load of ships from their galaxy to ours via hyperspace?

I mean, surely they have the technology.

They're pretty equivalent to the Ancients, & the Ancients originally travelled from their home galaxy (which is also the Ori home galaxy) to the Milky Way, via ship(s) with intergalactic hyperdrives, millions of years ago, & then went from the Milky Way to Pegasus via Atlantis & its intergalactic drive.

Hell, even the Asgard, who aren't at the level of the Ancients & Ori, have got ships capable of intergalactic travel, & can easily travel from their galaxy to the Milky Way & back. And they have also given this tech to the SGC to use in the Daedalus-class ships, so now even humans can travel via hyperspace from one galaxy to another.

Or am I just thinking about this too much?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote