Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 23:45   #106
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Why are you paying that much? The VIP package is £129.
Agreed, seems very overpriced there.

Anyway, seeing lots of complaints about the 500 only being available on V.VIP - but I can see why Virgin are doing it. Think about how Virgin generates revenue - they don't just count the number of customers, they count the number of services ("Revenue Generating Units") each customer takes up. By putting a premium product on their top-tier VVIP package, it's encouraging those that really want it to pick up more RGU's along the way.

Come their next financial results, they'll be able to report that the average RGU's taken up has gone from something like 2.3 to 2.5 or whatever.

I'm not saying I like it or agree with it, but ultimately Virgin is trying to keep its profits up in a land where more and more people are dropping RGU's in favour of just broadband.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote