View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 04:18   #3025
RizzyKing

Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Don't confuse leave voters with leave campaigners as the two are very different I've acknowledged many times here that there will be an economic cost in the short to mid term but it will get better and i personally do believe in the end the UK will prosper more out of the EU then in it. That's if the EU even makes it another ten years which i don't think it will as resentment and opposition to it is growing in most member states it is not just the UK that has anti EU feeling. Also anti EU should not be associated or confused for anti european as they are not the same, I'm all for trading with those nations in europe that we can trade with but not by paying into EU coffers.

I also don't want the UK to close the door on immigration just get a far better regime in place so that those we need and who want to come here to contribute can do so even more easily then now but those coming to take out and give nothing back get stopped at whatever point of entry. As for british industry i believe once we can make the trade deals we want and with who we want that issue will resolve itself and India hasn't completely told us to get lost they are quite keen to trade in at least one area.

Return of the empire seriously is there any sensible person that's even muttered that after brexit because I've heard no one even mention the empire outside of historical debates in the last two decades. Bunting yeah right and tea and vicars also a new one for me, looks like somebody has been talking to the fringe lunatic end of leave rather then trying to engage one of the majority sensible leave voters and lets not pretend the remain side don't have their lunatic fringe who even now given the chance would take us into the single currency.

There has been name calling on both sides and whatever side it is doing it is not helping even though I'm sure I've used the term remoaner, but the patronising and arrogant view has been far more evident on remain then leave. Lets not kid ourselves the EU referendum and the continuing stupidity afterwards has made both sides look pretty bad and no one side has any moral high ground to take in that regard.