View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 20:32   #753
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I understand about the anger part - I am not impressed with the system either but at the same time I cannot sit back and watch people come on here - and post aggressive posts and demand answers. Everyone is entitled to have their say but I cannot stand to see rude or aggressive posting(s).

Those who work in call centres will know that if any customer gets aggressive when they are trying to give them information or help - the rep can terminate the call and they are much within their rights to do that - The same goes for the reps trying to give information on these boards - We might not like what they are saying but getting angry and getting all hot and bothered will solve nothing - I am actually getting sick of repeating myself on this one, shouting the odds doesn't get us what we want.
Thank you Mick I am sure they all understand this and the longer VM stay quiet on these boards while the Phorm techies come to post without answering all questions this will not improve the feeling customers have for VM now.

Phorm can only give so much some questions are more related to VM like why not an OPT-IN instead of OPT-OUT?

What does VM get out of selling us to Phorm?

Have VM worked out just how much revenue they could lose if customers decide to move to other ISPs rather than be forced onto this Phorm program?

With present day methods of scripting just how sure are VM that this system isn't hackable now or in the future?

Could this Phorm ever be caught out with the many online WORMS which can happen with almost any server thus allowing access to information?

Sometimes addresses are passed over MSN and other medias or web emails this Phorm will gather this information and could pick up an address or two?

Finally as I have decided I do not want to be apart of this Phorm and have already told VM over phone and by the VM webwise feedback in the news, I wil next be contacting DPA to see where I stand with regards to my Data not being allowed to be farmed, part farmed or even allowed onto any server that is connected with Phorm.