View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 13:23   #93
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

I've been reading this thread with interest but without taking up any offers of trialing this new system. From what I can gather:

They're trying to copy the Sky Q set up, main box and mini boxes.
This appears to be implemented badly seeing as VM targetted existing customers with 2 or more V6.
Reduced recording capacity may not be an issue for all but certainly for some.
The mini box needing a coax connection is for me a terrible decision. Yes there may be technical reasons behind it and yes there may be a future software upgrade that makes it work through Wifi, who knows. But at the moment it works through coax which is fine when you're replacing existing boxes but new customers potentially moving from Sky Q would find it a pain, especially as second boxes are normally in a bedroom. Those cables can be diffcult to hide.

I'm sure the new UI is a hell of a lot more modern looking but I think I'll stick to the trusty V6's for now.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote