View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 20:02   #767
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Interesting choice of language OB.

As you well know, not purchasing a product or service is a legitimate consumer choice. I’ve been telling you for some years OB that these streaming services have an upper limit of subscribers - the idea that somehow the gap is simply the elderly have a confidence issue is laughable.
I don’t disagree, jfman and I’m not sure why you are arguing. I never said the gap is simply the elderly, did I? But that’s where the biggest gap lies.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Captured the imagination of the British people . It’s only television, OB.
Yes, it is only TV, but people seem passionate enough about it to write so much on it in this forum, even so far as to speculate about what channel numbers may be allocated or what might happen to shopping channels.

I think Netflix has captured the imagination because it is so different from anything we had before. But like the advent of ITV back in the day, people get used to it in the end.