View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 11:36   #51
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: President Joe Biden’s first 100 days in office

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I read somewhere that the bust was loaned to Bush and they never returned it,i have no idea if that is true or not.
Hugh posted a link here. There were apparently two busts. One's there permanently, the other was loaned whilst Bush was President.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The Oval Office decor is supposed to reflect the incoming president’s priorities and influences. It isn’t a statement about whether or not the American President loves or hates Winston Churchill or the British. I’m not entirely certain when the idea took hold that this was the case, but it’s quite silly.
I think that was just a device used Obama's opponents to portray him as being anti-British.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote