View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 17:34   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: President Joe Biden’s first 100 days in office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I do not know what you been reading but that is factually incorrect Chris.

Read here as to why there was National Guard delays on 6th Jan.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-capitol-riot/
Helpfully, the link you provided shows I am factually correct, there were delays, and also why the delays occurred. It helpfully references a previous story on the same website that details repeated refusals from the Department of Defense (I.e. the Pentagon, at that time under Trump administration control) to allow National Guard troops from neighbouring states to enter DC. That particular complaint came from the Republican governor of Maryland, Larry Hogan.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...ational-guard/

Quote:
I also do not know how you can say that it cannot be compared, in Portland last year, and many other Democrat controlled cities, many many businesses were destroyed by the left and BLM activists, in DC none were.

The destruction and violence from the left is far far worse than what happened in DC. Yeah they got in to the Capitol building, yeah windows got smashed and offices ransacked but the building still stands because the perpetrators were eventually stopped, this cannot be said for the many businesses burned to the ground by lefty activists and when Trump wanted to send the National Guard in to stop the looting and burning, these Democrat **** governors would not seek his offer of help.

It is totally hypocritical for them now to claim Trump delayed the NG when they dithered and delayed allowing them in to their burning cities.
It’s certainly in order to compare levels of violence between different activist groups, but in a country like the USA where political control is so decentralised and there is so little central control even within political parties it is very difficult to claim different treatment of one group or another represents hypocrisy.

In any case my point was quite a narrow one: Trump had the opportunity to directly influence events in DC because it was in his gift to rapidly authorise National Guard units to intervene. Biden does not have any power that would allow him to influence riot control in Oregon. The US system just doesn’t work like that.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote