View Single Post
Old 27-02-2019, 12:51   #605
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l saw that but don't think its a gimme that they will extend the limit to 12 months on the i-Player.

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Given ITV's track record so far in this field it will need huge improvements to make the ITV Hub a place where viewers want to go as currently its pretty much a shambles.
Catch-up will definitely be extended to a 12 month window on the i-Player IF the Government permits it. That's what the BBC is pushing for. I'm not sure that ITV would want to do thaton their ITV Hub, though, which is a shame. I won't shed any tears, though because I would never view a site with unskippable adverts. I don't see the need to subscribe to the ITV Hub+ either as everything on there has either been recorded or I don't want to see.