Thread: Football Season 2017/2018
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2017, 17:33   #536
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Season 2017/2018

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41643718

Newcastle United officially for sale amid looming takeover.

Still no firm word on the potential buyers but they'd put it between the Chinese group and the Staveley group that's prompted this statement.

Quote:
"As a result of increasing press speculation regarding the future of Newcastle United, the owner of the club, St. James Holdings Limited, wishes to clarify its intentions.
"As one of the Premier League's oldest and best supported football clubs - and for the benefit of its many fans and supporters in the UK and across the world - Newcastle United requires a clear direction and a path to a bright and successful future.
"To give the club the best possible opportunity of securing the positioning and investment necessary to take it to the next level, at what is an important time in its history, its present ownership has determined that it is in the best interests of Newcastle United and its fans for the club to be put up for sale.
"To give an incoming owner the maximum possible flexibility to make meaningful investment in the club, including in its playing squad, the sale process will give interested parties the opportunity of deferring substantial payments.
That bottom bit being incredibly important. You'd want to spend instantly in January but after lumping out a massive sum for the club, they may be left with little liquid cash for the remainder of that season.

With this statement, one can only assume that one of the parties has opened formal talks. Otherwise, being fair, we already knew it was for sale. One will assume this but I can't grasp why you'd release a statement like this is one of them had made a proper approach? I could be wrong but to me it doesn't make much sense and actually signals the opposite?

It could also link with the original idea that Ashley would welcome Chinese investment and sell shares of the club, (Clever way of getting someone else to foot your bill really) It's accepted that he was pretty much told they'd only buy outright or nothing.

Obviously as in earlier posts, Staveley never signed the NDA, the Chinese and other middle eastern group both did, however it was expected Staveley wanted a deal done by Christmas, which is mentioned in the statement above coincidentally. Mere coincidence? It's all I have though, nobody knows anything besides the four groups I've posted about before.

All in all, I just think everyone would happily settle for any amount of investment at this point.

Update: Ian Dennis suggesting the Staveley group is pushing ahead. Multiple outlets reporting Staveley deal, I think it's tosh though.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 16-10-2017 at 18:38.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote