View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 17:56   #324
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s difficult to not personalise it when you are the single, solitary person with such a dogmatic view that only streaming television can survive while linear channels - despite still being a popular method of both distributing and consuming television - must disappear.

To address epsilon’s valid point however I’ll add the following.

Fundamentally OB has, for some years now, mistakenly viewed streaming as something more than a different method of consuming television. To that end, streaming services represent a subset of the television market. Subscription streaming services (themselves a subset of the pay-tv market) aren’t meaningfully increasing the size of the pot - they’re only trying to claim a greater share of a limited pot.
Perhaps you would draw attention to where I have said that.

All I claim is that I believe that the scheduled linear channels will all ultimately be closed and the content made available on the internet.

The rest is your imagination.