View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 21:11   #318
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Oh, thanks for that, Chris, really helpful. I only did it that way to avoid the more time-consuming method. However, consider me told. jfman will need to guess at my responses, but it really shouldn’t take too much brainpower, I guess.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

This is just fantasy, you know. I have said the linear channels will close years ago and I was derided for expressing such an opinion. Now it’s actually started to happen, well within my timeframe, you are pleading a special case forDisney. What will be the special case for Discovery channels, which are probably the next in line.

As for adding these streamers to TV platforms, how do you explain the streamers we already have on Sky, Virgin Media and BT? How do you explain Roku and Amazon Fire?

Whatever the economic arguments you may have, please just acknowledge that it is already happening!

You are personalising this as if it’s my fault!

Erm, no one has ever said that no linear channels would close - over the last few decades, some have closed, some new ones have come along, and now with streaming, some more will close.

What (most) people don't accept is your dogmatic assertion that by 2035 all linear channels will be closed down, and the only option available will be streaming.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote