Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2018, 15:47   #3734
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What a statement to make! So we only voted to leave because we wanted to build new empires and start wars!

You really don't understand the reasons why I am most other leavers voted to come out of the EU, do you? What is it about that monolithic bureaucracy that you love so much?

I certainly did not go into the polling booth with visions of empire in my head! What I wanted was a prosperous Britain, freed of the stranglehold on our businesses of tedious legislation seemingly designed to discourage would be entrepreneurs and existing businesses. I also saw how the freedom of movement rights were pushing our social services, health services and housing accommodation to breaking point.

You cannot seriously question the objectivity of leave voters when you cannot see beyond the confines of the EU.
If you think social services, the health service and housing are at breaking point because of the EU then you are ignoring the chronic underinvestment as a result of austerity.

I’m unsure what tedious regulations you refer to. Can you give me an example of a business idea that will be viable on 30th March 2019 that isn’t viable today because we are in the EU? The claim seems at odds with the CBI stance on the matter. VAT isn’t going anywhere, and in fact cross border trade might be more bureaucratic.

You may want a more prosperous Britain, however you can’t tell me how this will be achieved post Brexit.