Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2018, 15:38   #3733
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
At no point did I suggest she cannot grasp what is needed to leave the EU. I think that, as someone in favour of remaining, she can look at it with the cold objectivity required.

Others, mainly on the leave side, lack objectivity and often view it through some outdated view of Empire and nationalist pride. Often demonstrated with wartime terminology, of stances more appropriate to the 19th century than the 21st.
What a statement to make! So we only voted to leave because we wanted to build new empires and start wars!

You really don't understand the reasons why I am most other leavers voted to come out of the EU, do you? What is it about that monolithic bureaucracy that you love so much?

I certainly did not go into the polling booth with visions of empire in my head! What I wanted was a prosperous Britain, freed of the stranglehold on our businesses of tedious legislation seemingly designed to discourage would be entrepreneurs and existing businesses. I also saw how the freedom of movement rights were pushing our social services, health services and housing accommodation to breaking point.

You cannot seriously question the objectivity of leave voters when you cannot see beyond the confines of the EU.